The Gowan Achievement Program (GAP) began in 2008 by Crane School District with funding from Gowan Company. Its primary purpose is to raise the level of education available in the community and better prepare students for college and their professional training. It has accomplished that and more. Our students have attended various high schools where they have excelled. The majority of them have advanced to college, many to highly selective universities. We are proud of the success of the program and the achievements of our students.
Gowan Company is a locally-owned family business that specializes in marketing, developing or processing agricultural inputs such as seed, fertilizer and crop protection products. Founded by Jon and Liney Jessen in 1962, it has grown markets in most of the agricultural regions globally. A proud member of the community, Gowan provides 900+ jobs, over half of which are right here in Yuma!
- National Winner (12th) and Yearly Local Level Winners in the VFW Patriots' Pen Writing Contest
- Yearly Winners in the Pecan Grove Garden Club
- First Place in Math Counts
- Sunrise Optimist Club Oratorical Winner
- Local Science Fair Winners
- 92 to 100 Percent Meeting & Exceeding Scores on AzMERIT Algebra
- Hosted a Color Run to Successfully Raise Over $5,000 in Funds in Partnership with Student Council